Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / NAVSEA Qualification tests
- - By ididntdoit89 (*) Date 06-26-2018 13:30
Can someone please give assistance. I am having to do some qualification tests to NAVSEA. I am only familiar with AWS D1.1 so this is fairly new to me. I am qualifying welding operators and their machines as this is the first time we are doing any work per Navsea. the machine we have is a tee master that is designed to subarc two plates together making tees. We will be using two heads running at the same time. Also a tack welder which will also be the welding operator of the machine, has to tack the ends of the two plates before the machine can start its welding. My question is can I set up the test for the machine using a tee joint 3/8'' thick 18'' long, using the largest diameter electrode? Also for the tack welder qualification, can I do the same? The welding operators will have to make any repairs to the welds if something happens with the machine welding. If repairs are needed then they will use FCAW.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-26-2018 20:08
I think you will find this thread of interest.

https://app.aws.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=17357
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / NAVSEA Qualification tests