Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 3 year/9 year renewal BEWARE!!
- - By Rogers 48 Date 07-11-2018 21:11
If you are coming up on renewal, do so early! I realize that should be pretty obvious....however.....by early I mean 3-5 months early minimum. I sent my nine year renewal 4-22-18. It is currently 7-11-18 and its still not complete.i just got off another long phone call with aws customer service. Actually spoke to someone friendly and helpful this time, that was nice. Hopefully will be arriving in the next 2-3 weeks I'm once again told because it was approved and they just don't have the stamp, card etc ready. They are ssssllllloooowwww so do not expect it in a month or 6 weeks.

On a side note...the check clears pretty fast
Parent - - By TB48 (*) Date 07-12-2018 12:41
That is good to know. Mine expires in December. I still have to get another passport photo and I will be sending it in. Course I still look the same thought about using the one I had to get 3 years ago.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-12-2018 16:16
A new photo is not MANDATORY.. see this link and quote below:

https://www.aws.org/certification/page/photo-id-requirements

Renewals/Recertification - Change of Appearance
If you cannot be identified from your current photo on file with AWS, you should submit a new photo with your renewal or recertification application.

Examination results will NOT be released until we receive the 2 x 2 inch color passport - style photograph. To avoid delays in receiving your examination results, please mail your photo to the address listed below:

American Welding Society
Certification Department Photo Center
8669 NW 36 Street, Suite 130
Miami, FL 33166-6672

We recommend using priority mail with tracking options.

For question or concerns, please call the Certification Department 800-443-9353, extension 273.
Parent - - By TB48 (*) Date 07-13-2018 14:32
Thanks Brent. I thought I remembered that but was going to check on it. I don't think a few more gray hairs makes me look any different. LOL
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-15-2018 16:19
I guess you might have to define 'a few'.  Those grey hairs can make a MAJOR difference in your appearance.  My wife sure thinks so.
Parent - By TB48 (*) Date 07-16-2018 13:02
LOL Brent. Not that many
Parent - - By SS Date 08-20-2018 04:58
AWS CWI for 9 years, now, confused between CSWIP 3.2 or SCWI, Job in Middle east. can you please guide?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-20-2018 18:06
The SCWI would renew/replace your CWI and give you 9 more years.  The CSWIP is a different organization and I am not sure if you can get any PDH's from that.  There is no reciprocity between them.

I would recommend renewing your CWI by one of the several means available and then, if it would be a benefit on your upcoming job, get the CSWIP. 

Hard to give much more of an answer with no more information.  What kind of work?  Applicable code?  Your role? 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 3 year/9 year renewal BEWARE!!