Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / cwe instructor credentials
- - By ididntdoit89 (*) Date 08-24-2018 14:27
hey guys,

I am filling out the Certified Welding Educator Instructor Credentials application and I am not understanding what they are asking for 4.  It states " What documentation is furnished to track the completion of instructions"? Can someone enlighten me?
Parent - - By WeldorJoe (*) Date 08-24-2018 15:07
Hi,
Example: If you teach a class/classes and the student passes, the documentation would be a Certificate of Completion or some type of degree or paperwork to prove they have successfully completed the instructions.

That's my 2 bits worth.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-24-2018 20:48
I think they are looking for a letter from the "employer" attesting to they taught a course consisting of X-hours of classroom instruction.

Al
Parent - By ididntdoit89 (*) Date 08-28-2018 17:48
thanks guys
Parent - - By WeldorJoe (*) Date 09-13-2018 15:45
Hi, Because Al and I had a little different answer, I called my friends at the AWS and this was the response I received:

#4 What documentation is furnished to track the completion of instructions.
Ans: Grade scale on criteria toward students.  Evaluation and Syllabus

If I have a different answer than Al, I know I have to check and correct!
Joel
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-14-2018 12:53
OK, I'm being called out by a contributor. This is good. It makes me do my homework. There's nothing wrong with challenging a response to question posted on the Forum. After, we all know it must be true if we read it on the internet! I do enjoy a challenge.

I believe the current edition of QC5 includes the following statement regarding documented evidence of experience.
5.3 The applicant shall submit written verification
of documented employment with the application. This
verification shall be completed and signed by the applicant's
most recent employment supervisor or the appropriate
personnel department staff.

The new revision that is currently in subcommittee will be very different from the current edition of QC5. Since it is still in subcommittee, it is subject to change before it is ready for publication.

I recommend that anyone considering becoming a Certified Welding Educator or renewing their current certification review the requirements for themselves. Any answer to questions regarding requirements or interpretations from AWS staff, well, let’s say the standard speaks for itself.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / cwe instructor credentials