Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / PRCI Thermal Analysis for Hot-Tap Welding
- - By tanzef Date 09-03-2018 03:54
Hi all,

I am a new user of PRCI Thermal Analysis for Hot-Tap Welding. I am using the 4.2.1 version.
I have a few questions I want to ask :

1. How to input the preheat temperature on PRCI software?
2. The welding procedure I am working on now consists of GTAW and SMAW (The first 2 weld layer are going to be weld with GTAW technique then the rest are going to be weld with SMAW technique). Are there any differences with the input variables on PRCI (like, do PRCI have any options to change your weld technique?) or just input the different electrodes, diameter, etc on the software?
3. Actually I can't find any options for ER 70S-6 electrode on PRCI (electrodes used for the GTAW technique). Does it have any equivalent so I could input this variable on PRCI?
4. The % of materials that we input on 'Max. Hardness" options are only the pipe's material contents? Even if the pipe and branch has different material, it is only the pipe materials' contents that we must input right?

I'm sorry for all these way-too-basic-but-probably-way-too-many questions.
I greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you so much!
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-03-2018 14:08
I would direct those questions to the company that sold the software.

Al
Parent - By tanzef Date 09-04-2018 02:41
Have sent a message but still no reply.
That's why I also ask AWS forum.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / PRCI Thermal Analysis for Hot-Tap Welding