Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How to persuade companies to take part in project
- - By Cyril Vimalraj Date 09-11-2018 07:48 Edited 09-11-2018 07:51
Hi,

I am in a project relating to energy-efficient systems in welding for Arctic region. We have researchers and university links co-operations, but our drawback is industrial expertise. What are the aspects to point out and convince the companies or industries to take part in the project?
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 09-11-2018 11:17
Think about the specific company you are targeting.
What's in it for them? How would they benefit?

Tyrone
Parent - By Vinny (*) Date 09-11-2018 17:53
Tyrone said it. If meaningful benefits to your research can't be given you'll have a hard time convincing people to get involved. I'm not a welder but I imagine you might get more support from welders if you got more specific about what you mean by "energy-efficient systems." Energy efficient in the artic could mean better transportation systems and the issues with materials weight when working in remote areas. More of a concern for the accountants than the welders doing the work. It's easy enough to understand the effects of the extreme cold in the artic and how that effects materials but what is it about your research that is welding and artic specific?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How to persuade companies to take part in project