Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding on a Truck
- - By pceditorpro Date 09-30-2018 01:55
What is everyone's thoughts on welding onto a truck frame? I am nowhere near a certified welder yet. I have been working at it when I can but I'm also have to work on my college engineering degree. I bought my 2014 F150 when it was a year old. Someone took a baseball bat to this thing before I got it so it was really cheap some new doors, a pain job, and an engine rebuilt because I don't know what other damage had happen to it before I owned it. I didn't have the time and money then to fix the suspension then. Now I'm ready to fit it and I was thinking of putting a new BDS suspension on instead of a factory one. My biggest concern is the welding of the differential onto the truck. I'm very new to welding and I thought I would get some thoughts from people that know more then me before I start this project. I am much more confident with my MIG welds but I have been trying to do more stick welding with 1/8 inch 7018 rods when I can.
Parent - By weldnoob Date 10-01-2018 10:11 Edited 10-02-2018 09:29
I'm sure this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKtC5DirmkA will be helpful and relevant here. :smile:
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding on a Truck