Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Airesist 319 Investment Casting
- - By Jan Date 10-02-2018 08:18
Hello folks,

I am new here, so please excuse if I submit query, which is already submitted.

To salvage the part we have to TIG weld Airesist 319 casting, my question is - Must be heat treated after welding? What material as filler to use?

Thanks!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-02-2018 15:33 Edited 10-02-2018 15:39
A quick google search says your alloy is an "invention" derived from Inconel 713C (which is typically viewed as unweldable)  and that Airesist 319 has some very specific thermal treatment requirments. Even pre-weld repairn thermal treatments are indicated, which is not surprising for a precipitation hardenable super alloy.

There are also some patent data out there for vibratory treatments, pre/in-situ/post weld repair.

Honestly Jan,  I think this is a case you should bring to the OEM.    This sounds like a project that should have welding procedures qualified by testing, and that only after planning of such procedures by engineering that has a full understanding of the alloy and the fit for purpose of a repair on the component.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Airesist 319 Investment Casting