Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Cookies
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-23-2018 21:03
No, I'm not talking about the cookies on your computer, I'm talking about the good kind you get to eat with ice cold milk.

Today was my first attempt at making oatmeal, chocolate chip, and walnut cookies. I have to say, they turned out pretty darn good for an old welding hand. After all, cooking isn't that different from welding. You need to plan ahead, check your supplies to make sure you have everything you need and then follow the procedure. Oops, I mean follow the recipe. That includes "preheating" the oven to 350 degrees F. Just like welding a steel that has a high carbon equivalency.

They were so good that I whipped up a second batch. Each batch makes about 24 to 30 cookies each. The hard part is letting the cool before sampling them.

I hope everyone has a great holiday and gets to spend time with their family and friends. I'll be spending the day with my children and grandchildren. I'll bring my 89 year old mother to the festivities because she doesn't like to drive any more. I glad she made that decision on her own accord. I would hate to be the one to say she couldn't drive any more.

By the way, for those of you that remember him from the "Original Forum" , Stephan (from Germany) sent me a quick note to say Merry Christmas. It was good to hear from him.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Al
Parent - - By Northweldor (***) Date 12-24-2018 02:30 Edited 12-24-2018 02:33
Happy Christmas and New Year to you, Al, and thanks for the past year of dedication on the part of you and others to answer questions which may not be of global importance, but, bit by bit, have added up to an impressive welding resource. Looking forward to my 86th year of learning about welding (and many other things)!
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-24-2018 03:20
Why stop at 86?

Al
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 12-24-2018 13:58
I have no intention of stopping,  but ... Any way, I'm looking into an Elysium/ SpaceX funeral, just in case.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Cookies