Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Essential Variables SMAW D1.1 and Prowrite
- - By Pawndave (*) Date 12-29-2018 17:16
Hello,

I am in the process of writing 3 WPS's for D1.1, 2G, 3G and 4G. Im not much of a structural guy and am better versed in ASME IX. I am using Prowrite and here's my issue,

I created the PQR with no issues, then when i went to create the WPS it created it but it did not give me any kind of range for Filler metal size, Amps/volts and travel speed. 

I have looked and looked in D1.1 and can not find the range for the electrical characteristics, travel speed. Is anybody familiar with Prowrite? Could it be a glitch?

Or can anybody tell me where to look to find the essential variables other then 4.5 and 4.6? so i can add the ranges manually.

Thanks
Parent - By Shane Feder (****) Date 12-29-2018 22:57
Table 4.5 (2010 edition) gives you all the information you require to manually add to WPS
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-31-2018 12:25
I have used pro-write as a demo and noticed one or two little items but cannot recall them. With any welding related software, it's always good to know that the software is performing correctly as required by the code. If you have done that and are still not satisfied with what is happening, a call to the company is usually a good idea. I worked in customer support for another company and we got many calls in which the caller did not quite understand what the code "said".

The call will either result in the company telling you the code rules and how they match what the software (free knowledge) or they will tell you that it is a "bug" or something "they decided was better" or they will "get back to you".

Let us know how it goes but do take a look at table 4.5 before calling. I am pretty sure there is some info there about one of your items!

Have a great day.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Essential Variables SMAW D1.1 and Prowrite