Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Distributor Search
- - By Saurabh Date 01-21-2019 06:29
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. Just wanted to know how do we find distributors and users of our product around the globe. I work for a welding product manufacturing company. We manufacture electrodes, rods, wires, flux & machines. The company is already into exports for a long time now, but how do we find more customers and distributors? We are one of the premium brands with high quality standards with major international certifications.

Thank you folks!!
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 01-21-2019 12:14
Hey Saurabh,
Welcome to the original AWS Welding Forum.

How do you connect with new distributors and users?  Good old fashioned cold calling.  Get on the phone.  Walk the streets.  Make contacts.  Offer freebies.  Sell, sell , sell.

Tyrone
Parent - - By Saurabh Date 01-21-2019 12:29
Thanks for the advice but cold calling is something i don't want to get into. As of now i search different companies on internet related to welding supplies call them up asking for to connect to the right person, But this isn't giving results. The call rarely reaches the right person and then he also says send an email and we will get back to you. And then no reply from there end. :cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 01-22-2019 12:16
Maybe Millennials in the welding world would appreciate interaction through electronic media, but with the older generations, face to face is preferred.  Need to talk to people, build trust and eventually a working relationship.  It's a tough market to get into.

Tyrone
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Distributor Search