Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Branches
- - By H.K.R (*) Date 01-22-2019 04:26
hi all
if any body know reference about pipe branch how to make miter (dimension) reinforcement pad if required
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-22-2019 11:54
The construction code addresses when reinforcement is required. The designer/engineer is responsible for the details of construction, i.e., how big an area and how thick the reinforcement pad will be.

ASME construction codes do not provide the "how to make it" information.

Generally, the reinforcement pad replaces the material of the run pipe that is lost when the opening for the branch is made. The construction code will address the design of the reinforcing.

Your starting point is determining which construction code applies.

Al
Parent - - By H.K.R (*) Date 01-23-2019 05:32
actually our project does not has enough supporting document we have no iso drawing we depend on G.A so there is some branch even it is not clear if there is fitting or direct connect (branch) so i need to know (ex:if run pipe 8'' can make branch 8'' so i need some refernce to know the size that can make direct branch
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-23-2019 13:55
Generally speaking, if the applicable piping code is an ASME construction code, i.e., B31.1, B31.3, etc., the connection you describe would require a fitting, i.e., a Tee, that is designed and fabricated to transfer the stresses involved.

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Branches