Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller xmt 400 no output problem
- - By Durguy Date 02-01-2019 18:52
Hello guys
I have a brand new miller xmt 400 (xmt 304 equivalent for 400v systems) that has no output voltage in electrode hot modes, everything else checks fine but the voltmeter on the machine is reading (.0) ?
I have the techincal manual for the 304 which basically the same and I did all the tests in the book and everything checks out alright, but no open circuit voltage!
I am an electrical engineer and I have a business where I fix various industrial electric machines and I have fixed a couple of millers before but miller is not common here due to their extremely high price.
The weird thing is that the owner of the machine is a dealer and has three more brand new machines of the same model that have the same problem?!
I have not tried to weld with it because I do not have the cables for now but even without the cables it should output an open circuit voltage.
I don't know what more I can do after following the technical manual to the letter and everything is normal, do any of you guys have any idea what is going on?
Parent - - By Northweldor (***) Date 02-01-2019 20:20
If these machines are "brand new", why aren't you (and the dealer) contacting Miller support, since they are under warranty?
Parent - - By Durguy Date 02-01-2019 21:46
unfortunately i am being told that contacting miller or  taking the machine back is not an option, so we are trying our best to make them work
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 02-02-2019 01:31
Have you seen the dealer's proof of ownership?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller xmt 400 no output problem