Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / My first SMAW certified welding project with a CWI on site
- - By lilman2012 Date 03-04-2019 07:54
I have my welding certification for smaw about 6 months now and this is my first certified welding gig with a CWI on site. I work for this iron fabrication company that got this project but I'm just their certified welder. Should I charge this company extra for doing this welding gig? They dont havet to hire a certified welder for this project like other times because they already have one which is me but I also work for them. Ima be using their rig and welding machine the only thing i provide that can make this all happen is my welding certification. Should I charge this company extra for using me for the job or what should I do. I need guidance thanks.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-04-2019 14:33
I take it that you are an employee of the company and they paid to get you certified? If that is the case, why would you expect to be paid more just because there is a CWI on the job? Is there something I am missing?

The certification simply means you have demonstrated you have the minimum skills required to produce a sound weld. It "ain't no big deal!"

Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / My first SMAW certified welding project with a CWI on site