Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ranger 8 PC board
- By Stanm Date 03-28-2019 19:28
My name stan, my neighbor has a ranger 8 welder that is down for the count. I put it in my yard and started checking it out. It has a lot wrong with it. The fuel float gasket was linking, the float base plate was warped, the gasket was bad with a ton of silicone. They had put it back on with inch and half wood screws destroying the bolt holes in the metal base plate. I fabricated a new gasket and repaired the base plate, no leaks now. The next problem, the welder would only run at high speed. Checked the voltage at the idle switch and the idle solenoid, no voltage. Traced the problem to the PC board. Removed the PC board and found the problem. The two power resisters were fried. Now my problem, I need to find out what size the power resisters are so I can replace them, an hope that is the only problem with the PC board. I would greatly appreciate any help that any one has. My thanks one and all. (I also had to rebuild the carburetor, drill and remove a small screw that was broken off) Stan
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ranger 8 PC board