Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Welding Technology
- - By toddler (**) Date 06-07-2019 09:46
Hi guys,

anybody can tell me where to get a free pdf copy of this book? any revision will do

Thanks in advance!!Greatly appreciated
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 06-07-2019 16:43
Parent - By toddler (**) Date 06-10-2019 05:12
Thank you very much!!

Very useful link, I've got a lot of free welding ebooks downloaded, it's like the book I was looking for broken down into chapters, very informative.

Again, Thanks a lot!!
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-08-2019 23:35
No

That would be stealing

Older revisions can be gotten cheap.
Parent - - By toddler (**) Date 06-10-2019 05:35
Lawrence,

There are books and reference materials posted in the internet for free which does not violates the author's  intellectual rights. for example in the link provided above there a lot of  excellent materials that a beginners like me can learn. I will assume that the website hosting the books are sharing them legitimately.

Moreover there are people like me who are not gainfully employed yet that even paying for a $5 book is hardly feasible so we rely on free downloadable reading materials from the net to acquire further  knowledge.
I've learned that typing in the subject matter in google and appending pdf will provide tons of links, and most likely/luckily one of those will provide a free download.

I agree with you that it will be stealing if the source is illegal like if you get it from sites hosting pirated materials or for example downloading it from bitlord or torrent sites.Or maybe if someone bought a copy and share it with me, then that would be stealing too

Thanks for the warning anyway...
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-10-2019 11:50
Hi Tod

I gave the warning mostly because you asked for a specific title.   I really doubt that title is ever going to be legitimately online as a free PDF.        Heck... If you are in Houston I've got a copy of Cary's Modern Welding Technology (6thed) at my desk you can have for a while :)

Now if you're looking for a ton of information on various subjects...  This is a great place to ask about it.

You are also right about the net being full of good resources, (some better than others)  I use them all the time.

Say more about your studies and I bet you will get more help.
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 06-10-2019 14:33
I looked at the link for downloading these free texts, but it looks very sketchy to me.
It wants permission to make heavy changes to your browser and such.
Just saying....I don't trust it...
Parent - By toddler (**) Date 06-11-2019 02:43 Edited 06-11-2019 05:08
Hi Lawrence,
I previously had a hardbound copy of modern welding technology back in 2007 but unfortunately it got damaged from a flash flood.
I had virtually read it from cover to cover and learned a lot from it. Excellent book for beginners. I really intend to buy a digital copy for my own collection once I am financially able. The author deserved to be compensated for the great work.

You are correct though that the way I was asking for it is tantamount to stealing, because I've been searching for an illegal copy online to no avail, so I know like you said "there's no way it will be available online for free unless shared illegally".

I stand corrected.... Guilty as charged :-)
Parent - - By SimonHaynes Date 06-29-2019 16:22
[deleted]
Parent - - By wpcrows Date 07-13-2019 05:33
[deleted]
Parent - - By GrammarlyStuden Date 07-18-2019 06:01
[deleted]
Parent - By howtorootAndroi Date 07-19-2019 05:53
[deleted]
Parent - By turnmowers Date 09-23-2019 10:23
[deleted]
Parent - By subwaylistens Date 10-17-2019 07:03
[deleted]
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Welding Technology