Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Material on tips on how to weld pipe
- - By Ovoss Date 06-12-2019 08:34
Any material on how to weld pipe
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 06-12-2019 11:25
Hi Ovoss,
You need to be extremely specific.  What aspect of welding pipe?
Technique - hands on technique, field conditions, etc?
Engineering - weld parameters, process, metallurgical, functionality...etc?

Is this for work or a project at home?
Pipe material?
Diameters?
Thickness?

Tyrone

PS - Do not post in multiple sections of this Forum.
Parent - - By Ovoss Date 06-14-2019 07:25
Hello tyrone... Thanks for your reply... I mean material on how to weld pipe.........  Mile steel pipe..... 20 mm thickness... For projects
Diameter.... 10 inch pipe.... Thanks hoping to hear from you soon....
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 06-14-2019 11:57
Hey Ovoss,
Jim's right, this isn't something that you can learn on your own from literature & YouTube.
You need an instructor to teach you the ins and outs of pipe welding, and lots of practice to become proficient.

I'm just curious.  What is your first project?

Tyrone
Parent - By Ovoss Date 06-14-2019 20:40
Thanks.... Ok any material on Welding.... Want to go tru
Parent - - By Jim Hughes (***) Date 06-12-2019 17:28
Ovoss,
you can look on both Miller and Lincoln sites for info and others sites if you look on the Internet. Best thing to do is attend a good welding school for a couple of years if you want to be proficient and make money, and what I mean by good school is not TWS. In my opinion.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-20-2019 21:38 Edited 06-20-2019 21:43
Look on YouTube. You can find anything on YouTube.

You'll have to decide for yourself if the video makes any sense, but it is a start.

I performed a heart transplant following the instructions I located on YouTube. I'm not a surgeon, but I stayed at the Holiday Express, so how can I go wrong. The only hard part was chasing down the "volunteer" that received the heart. He almost got away when he jumped the 6-foot fence. He didn't realize there was a significant drop on the other side. I didn't even need to administer anesthesia because he was still unconscious from the sudden stop when he hit the concrete sidewalk on the other side of the fence. 

Al
Parent - By SWN1158 (***) Date 06-24-2019 10:48
LMBO.
- By chaya Date 09-26-2019 10:15
Useful info to know... thanks for sharing...https://www.fieldengineer.com/blogs/obstacles-hindering-the-deployment-of-5g-in-us
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Material on tips on how to weld pipe