Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Delta Airlines Phone Number +1 844 459 3409
- - By deltaphone Date 08-28-2019 05:05
[deleted]
Parent - - By SWN1158 (***) Date 08-28-2019 11:12
I personally don’t like to fly. It's not that I think flying is dangerous, because I know it's not. It's the crashing part that's dangerous. I've only flown once, and it was with Delta. I went up to the counter at the airport and told the agent that I wanted to purchase a round trip ticket, and she asked me, where to? And I said, “I want a round ticket back here, lady. Why in the hell would I want a round ticket back to somewhere else? Then she mentioned something about pre-boarding, and I asked “Are you trying to tell me that I have to board the plane, before I board the plane?” After we got that mess straightened out, she gave me my boarding pass and flight number. When I checked, none of the numbers on the side of any plane matched my flight number. After much frustration, I finally found the plane, boarded it, and fell asleep. I dreamed that I was back inside the airport, and I noticed that all the machines that sell life insurance in the terminal were completely sold out. Then, as people boarded the plane, they were being asked to chip in for a little gas. Just before takeoff, I heard the automatic co-pilot yelling at the ground crew to "get those damn cows off the runway." Then, a flight attendant announced, “Everyone remain seated and please fasten your velcro. As I looked out the window and saw the ground crew pull the steps away, the plane started rocking. As the plane took off, the soothing, reassuring voice of the pilot said; Ladies and gentlemen, this is your automatic pilot. In my modern and carefully tested system, an error is absolutely impossible, absolutely impossible, absolutely impossible, absolutely impossible.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-28-2019 13:23
I miss these :)
Parent - - By SWN1158 (***) Date 08-28-2019 15:09 Edited 08-28-2019 15:12
Stay tuned :)

I just noticed that the Delta Airlines post I responded to, was deleted shortly after my post. If the Forum moderators can't stop them.... I'm always there to discourage their posts.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-29-2019 18:55 Edited 08-29-2019 19:01
The deleted post was my doing. Those idiots drop that crap in here while I'm working and I don't see it until I get  a break to sit for a minute and read the forum. Scott you mentioned "moderators "...I need to correct you, it's "moderator "- singular. The only other moderator in this old forum has passed away....jon20013, Jon Lambert...RIP buddy
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-30-2019 15:07
Remember, traveling may be part of the job. It isn't just an other job, its an adventure!

A couple of years ago (2015), I was on assignment for an AWS CWI seminar. There was a blizzard and I was stuck at the hotel for five days before I could get back home. The tough part was my wife was under the knife the day I was supposed to leave Pittsburgh. It was probably for the best. She was pretty much sedated the entire time I was stuck in Pittsburgh.

My compliments to the hotel staff at the Crown Plaza. They took good care of me. Four times I started out to the airport, each time I received a call that the flight had been canceled and I returned to the hotel. One of the ladies cooked me a nice pot roast and bought it to the hotel. She said it was time I had a home cooked meal because I had been eating hotel food long enough. It was an excellent meal. It wasn't long after that I stopped teaching for AWS so I could be home to take care of my wife. I never thought she would be in the hospital for 10 months!

Its an adventure alright!

Al
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-30-2019 18:05
I can agree that it is an adventure Al.
Parent - - By SWN1158 (***) Date 09-03-2019 12:54
John,

If I can help in any way, please let me know.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-03-2019 14:23
Thanks buddy :cool:
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 09-07-2019 04:35
Scott I luv you...in a very distant non touching way.  LOL

Last connecting flight had a access door fall off the plane as it arrived to the gate.  They fixed it right there at the gate and made everyone else shuffle down the terminal after 4 hours....we ain't goin nowhere.  I watched, I offered assistance to buck rivets, I even offered the pilot a roll of high quality duct tape on my dime. Eventually we burned massive amounts of jet fuel and I made it to my destination unscathed on the plane repaired before my very eyes.

Why do they call it "Airport Terminal" sounds like a really messed up advertising campaign to me.
Parent - By SWN1158 (***) Date 09-07-2019 14:42
:)
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Delta Airlines Phone Number +1 844 459 3409