Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Why certify in AMSE verses API?
- By Bashta Date 09-29-2019 05:34
Greetings, if this post should be put somewhere else, let me know.
Beginning my research on which certification goals I will pursue. I have a wide goal to weld and travel for next 15 years. I’m interested in welding on large tanks (my oldest son did it for many years) , etc, and in November taking a 2 week class at Lincoln electric school with goal of FCAW 3G cert.
after that I’m very interested in also having a “Pipeline” training/cert to put in my “toolbox” and have backup resource plan.
My question is...would I want the ASME (uphill) or the API (downhill)? I’m ignorant of the most desired process, or which one would keep me working the most, if there is a difference in the field.
I do own a Lincoln 305g welder generator that has the downhill mode if that would make the “decision scale” tip one way or other.
I have 15 years experience welding thin gauge tubing for gates/fence/furniture/sculptures etc, and plate/vessels with GMAW/FCAW/SMAW just never needed the certifications before. I’ve also started learning how to read weld prints.
I’m ready for a change and bigger/longer projects since the last child will be out soon, and wife doesn’t mind the travel (as long as it’s in a very nice RV, haha).
Thank you for your time and efforts, I appreciate it.
God Bless.
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Why certify in AMSE verses API?