Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Weld Pak 125HD Issues
- - By Pushrod26 Date 09-30-2019 04:14
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. My name is Nick. I live in Roseville California. I've been welding for only a few years. I'm having an issue with my Lincoln Weld Pak 125HD #11302. It was working great ever since I've owned it, but as of a couple days ago it decided to take a dump on me. Ive definitely have gotten my monies worth out of it already, but Id like to keep it up and running if at all possible. I'm wondering if someone here can point me in the right direction to fix this thing. I would love to just go out and buy a new one, but that's not in my budget at the moment. So here's the deal. I was welding in some subframe connectors on my 1971 dodge demon, and it just quit on me. It still turns on and feeds wire just fine, but the arc is almost non existent. It will arc, but extremely weak. So weak that it will not lay a down a weld whatsoever. The cooling fan still works as it should also. I thought maybe it was a thermal overload or something, so I finished up my welding for the day with my Campbell Hausfeld 115 mig/flux welder. When I came back to check it out a few days later, I checked all the basics that could think of. The ground cable and clamp are both good. The positive and negative terminals are clean and not loose. The gun cable looks good. It hasnt been squished ever. I opened it up to look at the internals, and everything inside looks brand new still. It was a little dusty inside, so I blew it out with some compressed air. I cant tell if anything burned up inside or not. It all looks good to me. Has anyone else had similar problem, or have any idea of what could be going on here? If I need to give more information, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Nick
Parent - By Scott Griskavic Date 10-02-2019 18:08
If you were welding at the top end with .035 or .045 gasless fluxcore wire, you may have overloaded the rectifier assembly.
There may also be a shorted or open in the transformer/ choke assembly and/ or the capacitor.
To be sure, I would take it to the nearest Lincoln sevice facility, bite the bullet, and pay the inspection fee.
At any rate, the rectifier assembly is $110.90, the transformer/choke assenbly is $355.20, the capacitor is $115.20.
If any of the aforementioned, it may be time to part with it......
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln Weld Pak 125HD Issues