Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Buried steel pipe lining
- - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 07-14-2003 14:59
My name is Diogo Taranto, I am a pupil of Prof. Giovanni S. Crisi at Mackenzie University in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and, with his permission, I am using his site to post a question on this forum.
I have been given a task (not by Prof. Crisi) which I must accomplish to get my engineering degree.
The task consists in preparing a monograph on the types of linings used for corrosion protection of buried steel piping, such as oil and gas pipelines and water mains.
Does any of you gentlemen have experience on this? I would thank very much if you give me some information on the matter.
Diogo Taranto
5th year undergraduate
Mackenzie University
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 07-14-2003 16:32
Diogo,
I don't know if this will help or not but you might try the List Servers on the nace.org web site. NACE runs 2 forums similar to this one but the usual subject matter is corrosion control and coatings. You should be able to find some information there.
Hope all works out for you,
Chet Guilford
Parent - - By MBSims (****) Date 07-14-2003 23:37
I have seen concrete lined steel pipe used for buried water service. Also have seen Saran-lined steel pipe used in power plant piping. I'm not familiar with linings used for buried oil and gas piping. You might try looking at the American Petroleum Institute (API) website.

Marty
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 07-15-2003 00:59
Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) is another that is used extensively in the Middle East.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Buried steel pipe lining