Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Man I Missed This Place
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-27-2019 16:51
Well, as time permits, I may venture back here as well. 

Since I have been freed from some restrictions with certain AWS committments, I am picking a few things back up as time allows. 

Still working to promote the new Inspections Conference in Houston in January, 2020.  Would really encourage many of you to go even if you are not CWI's.  It is for inspectors of all shapes and sizes. 

Wishing you all a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving,

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-27-2019 17:46
Good to see you posting Brent :cool:
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-27-2019 19:16
Hello John,

Hope all has been well with you.  From a post elsewhere, sounds like you are TOO busy.  Trying to keep up with me are you?? 

Have a Great Day, Brent
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 11-29-2019 12:21
Unfortunately, there's a markedly decrease in foot traffic to this site.  Feels like a new super highway was built that bypasses this old town.

Tyrone
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-29-2019 16:17
Understand Tyrone,

But, I keep directing traffic here.  It is afterall, THE GREATEST WELDING FORUM IN THE WORLD...BAR NONE!!

The resources here are so vast and valuable.  So glad they were able to keep it going when they started the new one.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By mcostello (**) Date 11-30-2019 03:18
I had a slightly different experience when I found this place. I thought I knew little about welding. I quickly found out I knew less than that.:lol: Thanks Everyone for teaching Me,  gotta keep learning.
Parent - - By SWN1158 (***) Date 12-03-2019 20:37
I was wondering about you the other day. I hope all is well.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-03-2019 21:57
That's a loaded question Scott.

AWS obligations now, working like normal (for me, always on overtime), broken water lines under the slab at the house, refrigerator stopped working just before Thanksgiving, trying to get all the irrigation system winterized with cold weather already here, etc, etc.

But, healthy, got all 5 kids married now.  2 of the daughter-in-laws pregnant which will bring us to 17 grandkids.  Have two of my sons working with me now so 2 with CWI, bolting, MT and 1 with those and UT.  Bought a second Olympus 650 and now have 3 MT yokes. 

Now all I need is customers who pay on time and pay what TPI's are worth.  LOL.  I'll let you know how that works out right after I retire...."that'll be the day..that I die". 

Have a Great Day, Brent
Parent - - By SWN1158 (***) Date 12-04-2019 12:22
Sounds like you're doing well. Thank you for taking time to post. Your experience, knowledge, and help have been beneficial to all who frequent this great forum :)
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 12-07-2019 23:37
Glad to see you back Brent I ask about you a few days ago.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-08-2019 23:44
Hello Milt,

Hope all is well with you.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-18-2019 17:45
Howdy Brent,

Glad to see the conundrums that kept you away are put to bed.  I hardly go to either forum these days, on the road all the time.  But does my heart good to see some of the pillars of this forum (like yourself) kicking around.  I talk to Larry, Al and John Saurage every now and then.

I am glad your hooked up well, keep it up.

Tommy
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-18-2019 23:35
Good Day Tommy,

Glad to know you are still around when you can be or choose to be. 

Just got back from another Miami trip.  Lots going on.

Not to mention time still helping the kick off of the new Inspections Expo and Conference in Houston in January. 

They found a sucker who just can't get enough... LOL.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-20-2019 02:45 Edited 12-20-2019 02:51
You know I think you would not be doing it if you did not enjoy it!  Because I know for sure you do not have to! 

I am enjoying the current gig just because I am learning and adding to my bag of tricks.  PM sits on a major board and two committees.  Opportunity you know....  The fatter that bag the fatter the bank...just the way it works.  Playing dry sponge here .
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Man I Missed This Place