Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Urgently Need A Big Help-Truck Mounted Crane Boom Repairing
- - By Zaw Htet Date 12-09-2019 16:29
Dear Friends,
I would like to request to guide how to repair my boom of truck crane. Today, I did wrongly with my crane and unfortunately my crane boom damage. Firstly I want to explain about the criterias my crane Brand Name : Shinmaywa, Load Capacity : 3 Ton, 3 Step Boom. My damaged boom was second step of three. Also, I have never experience in this field and really I don't know about exactly. But also, in my location was very far from crane workshop where capital of Myanmar. That's why, please kindly share with me in details step by step for this issue how to repair this boom. I am very hoping your kindly help.

Best Regards to All Friend,
Zaw Htet
PYAPON Township, Aeyarwaddy Division, Myanmar.
Mobile     :+959 680008880
Viber       :+959 671080007
Whatsapp:+959 671080007
Email       : zawhtet@aioict.com
[img][/img]
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-09-2019 17:22
Good Day Zaw,

You are looking at a difficult situation.  If you were here in the USA I would give you definite counsel to get qualified help.  Where you are, that may differ but for the best information I have available, I will still tell you to get qualified help. 

Boom equipment is quite problematic if not handled correctly and an accident because of improper procedures, knowledge, skills, and equipment to perform the repair means major safety considerations have been neglected and catastrophic damage and or personal injury is to be expected. 

That is as far as I am willing to go for advice on this one.  Too much we don't know but this is not something to tackle on your own without having a significant amount of experience and proper equipment. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 12-10-2019 05:32
Step one: contact the crane manufacturer and ask them for help.

More than likely they will not offer advice because they don't know how badly the boom was damaged and they don't know your proficiency as a welder. The chance of the repair failing due to any number of deficiencies is simply too great. As Brent mentioned, "someone could get killed" for any number of problems.

Al
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Urgently Need A Big Help-Truck Mounted Crane Boom Repairing