Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Pre Qualified WPS joint detail HELP
- - By obowhunter2 Date 01-29-2020 21:29
Good afternoon,
I am going over WPS's for the company I am currently working for and found some Pre Qualified WPS's they are using. I am questioning the joint design used. It list
T-PF-G under the joint design used. Could someone clarify this for me. I can not find this in D1.1 in the pre qualified joint details.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 01-29-2020 23:00
Without looking through D1.1, at first glance I would speculate it to be their own designation and not something from D1.1 Clause 3 Figures.  That is not prohibited and leaves you to find out where they have a master chart that defines their abbreviations.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By SWN1158 (***) Date 01-30-2020 13:25
obow,

It’s possible that the details for the joint designation they used, matches the same details for a prequalified joint. If that’s what they’ve done, in my humble opinion, they should have at least referenced the prequalified joint designation in D1.1
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Pre Qualified WPS joint detail HELP