Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / joke not sensitive
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 08-26-2020 11:15
What does W.A.C.O. stand for?

"We ain't coming out"
Parent - By SWN1158 (***) Date 08-26-2020 13:21 Edited 08-26-2020 14:27
I’m sorry sir, but with all due respect, I fail to see the humor in that utterly tasteless joke. A lot of people don’t know this, but the Branch Davidians wanted to commit mass suicide because they were trying to keep up with the Joneses, and the only reason the compound burnt to the ground was because they couldn't put out the fire with their Kool Aid. This was never reported in the news, but when they found David Koresh in the smoldering ruins of the Branch Davidian compound, he was wearing charcoal pants and a smoking jacket. The irony of it all was, he never surrendered to the FBI because he didn’t want to be grilled by the authorities. I can sympathize with him and the high stress level job he had, because burnout was inevitable. The FBI stated that he promised there would be no mass suicide. All I have to say is, “Liar, liar, pants on fire, and your shirt, and your shoes, and your hair.”

But seriously, and all jokes aside, I was highly impressed by the sheer will and determination of the survivors, because immediately after the siege, the Branch Davidian Church continued, but they had to be split into two sects… Orthodox and Extra-Crispy.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / joke not sensitive