Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Table 4.8 (AWS D1.1:2015) base metal group combinations
- By SmartWeld (*) Date 12-23-2020 12:46
Hello,

This question is about the fifth option in table 4.8 AWS D1.1 2015 edition (or table 6.8 in the 2020 edition) that I have quoted below:

PQR base metals: Any Group III Steel to the Same or Any Other Group III Steel or Any Group IV Steel to the Same or Any Other Group IV Steel or Any Table 4.9 Steel to the Same or Any Other Table 4.9 Steel

WPS Base Metal Group Combinations Allowed by PQR: Steels shall be of the same material specification, grade/type and minimum yield strength as the Steels listed in the PQR

Should I read the statement for combinations allowed as: "Steels shall be of the same material specification, AND grade/type AND minimum yield strength as the Steels listed in the PQR"?

If I were to look for a condition that satisfies all 3 criteria, I will have no option but to use the same material as in the PQR. Is that right or am I missing something here?

Thanks
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Table 4.8 (AWS D1.1:2015) base metal group combinations