Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Processes / have drawings with "Demand Critical" called out for D1,6
- - By SheWelder (*) Date 03-08-2021 22:58
Ran into something today that I haven't been able to quite rap my head around.  I received some drawings and the SEOR called out a "Demand Critical" CJP weld on a 316L HSS column to 316L stainless base plate.  I can't find anything in D1.6 for demand critical welds.  Have any of you ran across this?   - I'm thinking that the engineer is making it up because the words "demand critical" are only in the D1.8 that I can find

thanks in advance for your input
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-09-2021 15:56
This is where the contractor needs to sit down with the Engineer to find out what he "really" wants.

Al
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 03-09-2021 18:50
Al has the correct recommendation.

D1.6 2017 does not use the terms "demand critical" "protected zone" or the word "seismic" in code text.

So the Engineer is asking for some special consideration, which is up to him to define, since the code does not.

That special consideration is going to cost money, so be sure you make that your own "special consideration"
Up Topic Welding Industry / Processes / have drawings with "Demand Critical" called out for D1,6