Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / MT-360
- - By Distilled (**) Date 02-29-2024 00:01
Anyone have any experience with the MT-360 Rotating Field Yoke?
https://ndtsupply.com/magnetic-particle-equipment/yokes/mt-360-rechargeable-rotating-field-yoke/
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-29-2024 12:02
No, but that is interesting. :cool:
Parent - By twistedmetal208 (*) Date 03-14-2024 18:28
I have not used one of those before. It looks interesting and the ability to check both directions at once sounds nice. It does seem like it has some limitations though, it looks like it is only good for but joint welds or flat material. It also looks a bit more unwieldy, horizontal or overhead inspections would be more difficult, it looks a bit heavier. I have an older Magnaflux Y7 and after 6-8 hours of MT inspection with that my shoulder is regretting my career choices and this looks heavier lol. If you have lots of flat long inspections though it could be nice, the rollers are a nice touch for that. You would probably have to make a special 10 lbs. calibration block too for it in a way that would work for its configuration.

If you end up checking it out I would be interested to hear how it is.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-04-2024 03:33
Good Day,

Interested in knowing what different codes this would be acceptable with.  Seems like it might not be within accepted procedure applications for several of our codes. 

A bit expensive too. 

Have a Great Day, Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / MT-360