Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / WELDING SCHOOLS IN CALIFORNIA
- - By MattV Date 07-25-2003 17:01
Hi I new to this forum and would like to know if theres any welding schools in CA. Orange county, SAn Bernardino county. Somewhere near there. I'm willing to travel. I'm currently enrolled at a local community college taking welding courses(not a very good school) and would like to continue in advanced areas of welding. Considering a welding engineering degree. Any help would be great. Thanks
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-25-2003 20:01
Hi Matt, Welcome,
There are lots of people that monitor this BBS that are in your neck of the woods and could probably direct you to a good vocational type school. I'm over on the shore of the other big pond (east coast) and can't help on this one. Keep looking back at your post and I'm sure you will have some replies soon.
John Wright
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 07-26-2003 14:07
Hello MattV!

Check out the AWS website's "Industry Links" under: "Educational & Research" heading (there are some schools listed from nearby states listed here) then scroll to the: Department of Education's gateway, and look under either engineering schools in California or the west coast... You can also check out the AWS education link to look under the S.E.N.S.E. program that has a link to sense schools in California or any state for that matter... Finally, you could do a websearch on any one of the popular search engines such as: Yahoo, Google, etc. Type in either "welding schools in California" or if your leaning more towards engineering, then type in "Welding Engineering Schools in California" or any of the nearby states in your "neck of the woods".

Good Luck in any event!!!

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By UCSB (**) Date 08-15-2003 15:00
Matt-
Cerritos Community College has a pretty good program- or they did a few years ago when I took a refresher for L-III UT. Also, you may want to try the Pipefitters Local- they have a good apprentice program

Roger
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / WELDING SCHOOLS IN CALIFORNIA