Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anyone with Engine Welder experience
- - By thepowerofblue (**) Date 07-26-2003 21:45
I have just decided to buy a Miller Air Pak for the industrial construction,Farm and Ranch,field service,oil field work,and mobile and diesel mechanic work that I do and it has just enough power I needed and it has a compressor.I believe a Ingersoll Rand but I don't know if that compressor is worth a darn to run heavy air tools and still weld and run lights on because I think it just has a 100psi.but I need the power of the welder but I dont know about the compressor unless I should also buy an engine driven air compressor with more psi but there is going to be another person with me running air tools while I weld but maybe somebody should tell me about the welder/compressor before I get ready to buy it.Thanks
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 07-27-2003 17:45
You should concern your self with CFM not PSI. Just about any compressor can make 100 PSI if giving enough time, its the Cubic Feet per Minute that makes it work for tools. Check the data sheet on the compressor and then check your tools to see how many CFM they use at a given PSI.
Parent - By Mike Brace (**) Date 07-28-2003 11:59
Thepowerofblue where do you live? This is not to be nosie but I work for Miller and carry an Airpak on by truck. Have you seen one in person? The compressor will do 60 CFM at 100 PSI. The pressure regulates between 100 and 125. At idle speed it puts out 40 CFM. It has 500 amps at 40 volts and 60 CFM of air at 100% duty cycle there is also 4 kW of power at all times. If you send me your phone number I would be glad to call you and talk about it. This is a major purchase and you need to feel good that it will do everything that you want.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anyone with Engine Welder experience