Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Any Ideas/Sercurity Systems?
- - By thepowerofblue (**) Date 07-29-2003 04:57
I will need some security systems for my shop.Top of the line though.I do got Insurance on my equipment but I can stand dealing with those agents because they only want to give you so much.I have too much into my industry and I do not want to lose my most valuable tools.Any systems I should check into...General Ideas too appreciated.Thanks
John
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 07-29-2003 13:10
If you don't want to talk with your insurance agent, then you might try your local Police. They usually have someone who will survey a property and make security recommendations.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-29-2003 13:43
For the inside you might want to incorporate an infra red and motion detection system. This helps with false alarms. To make the alarm sound you would have to have the motion detector violated and the infra red sensing a rise in heat(someone's body heat entering the room) to set off the alarm.
Just a thought,
John Wright
PS. We just installed one of these in our church and it works great. The motion detector picks you up at the door, but won't go off until you step inside and the infra red picks you up. With the old one it had motion only and a dog walking by the door on the outside would set it off. It's a shame you even need one on a church, but you do.
Parent - - By kam (**) Date 07-29-2003 14:25
Cheapest and probally the best system you can buy is called, by generic name, "A pitbull". This system is capable of ripping the throat out of a three hundred and fifty pound would be intruder in about 12 seconds. Laugh if you must be it works for me....have never lost a thing. Sensitivity and affectiveness of this system can be hightened by a simple kick to the find tuning jewels prior to leaving the shop.

Just a thought

kam
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-29-2003 15:07
Kam,
Sounds good but you do have to feed him occasionally unless you want him to be really hungry when the "would be intruder" arrives.
John Wright
Parent - By thepowerofblue (**) Date 07-29-2003 18:46
kam.....I laughed at that one...sounds like a good idea tho :D
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Any Ideas/Sercurity Systems?