Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ANyone use a Daytona Mig?
- - By texf4i Date 08-07-2003 00:40
I am about to purchase a welder adn am trying to decide between a Hobart Handler 135 or the Daytona Combi 130. THe daytona is better on paper but i want to know if anyone has real world use with them?
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-07-2003 01:35
There are a number of important factors you have to consider when deciding on which welding machine to purchase...
No I have'nt heard of or used a "Daytona Combi 130" machine, nor have I used the Hobart (this one may really be made by Miller?) handler 135 but, I do respect the Hobart name (and Miller), and never heard of the "Daytona" other than the speedway in Volusia County, Florida...

Getting back to the considerations with respect to your decision on which machine to choose... Remember this is an important investment!!!

Track record, warranty comparison, who really makes these two machines?, is warranty service readily available from the place of purchase? when the machines are no longer covered by the warranty are parts readily available and does that company offer support after the warranty is expired?, Is this machine available for service, warranty or otherwise at another location relatively nearby? Does one of the machines require you to purchase the consumables specifically made for that machine?, Are the consumables (spools of wire) including gun parts available at other locations relatively nearby?
Are parts for the MIG gun readily available at a variety of locations nearby? Is there not too much of a difference in price between the two machines?

Seriously take these factors into consideration because, in the long run, they will assure you that you made the right decision!!!

Remember, a good SUV can go both off-road and on,
a Lamborghini cannot!!!
Good Luck on your decision!!! Hope this helps...

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - - By mark8702 (*) Date 08-08-2003 18:47
I heard of daytona mig and seen them in a few shops...but I would rather choose the hobart over it if i was you...but you should choose miller even tho miller makes hobart...i would still choose geniune miller products over any of hobarts line of welders but that's just one of my opinions......Any time
Parent - By bzzzzzzzzzz (**) Date 08-08-2003 21:37
Why did Miller put a cheapo double pole switch on my Millermatic 172? It finally decided to "not turn on". One plus though, the switch is only $6.00 and the supply house will have it Monday. Do the newer model small 220 volts have any problems with the power switch?
Parent - By mark8702 (*) Date 08-09-2003 04:31
btw...again i would never use cheap crappy welders....when salesman have never even heard of daytona...then you figure it out!.....

I am so happy I could help. :p
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ANyone use a Daytona Mig?