Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Finding a welder for contract work
- - By cornwell_b Date 08-11-2003 20:29
Our staffing company here in Lithia Springs GA (near Douglasville) needs a MIG welder for a long term assignment. How do I find someone with MIG experience looking for work? Must live in this general area.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-12-2003 07:20
Hello Cornwell_b!!!

Here are a couple of suggestions:

Put an ad in the employment section of a local or regional newspaper.

Put an ad in one of the national employment website (preferrably the ones that do'nt charge if there are any) or any of the newspapers closer to your area that also posts their employment ads in their website...

Your regional or local area's State employment office should have someone or even a pool of potential candidates that reside near you...

If there are any community colleges or Vo-tech high schools that have a welding technology program, I would look at those graduates as another potential pool of candidates.

I'm sure that one of the above suggestions should turn out to be fruitful in your search for the right candidate to fill this position...

I hope this helps a bit...

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-12-2003 15:21
Cornwell_b,
Welcome to the forum,
I also mentioned your request to a guy in Miss. who says he will post the job opening on his "jobs board" on his web site. Possibly someone may see the posting on his site and contact you.
John Wright
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Finding a welder for contract work