Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Home Grown Tube Notcher Stand
- - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 09-05-2003 03:25
Sup American Welders! Wooooooooo!

Here is a picture of the home grown tube notcher stand I built. It was meant to be portable but after a couple of days of using it, I reliazed my rib muscles were not going to hang. I was hurting for a few days...felt like I was playing high school football all over again LOL. I had to bolt it down.

Not ready to show the design of the chair yet. As soon as I show it round these parts I'll post the final build. Until now, here is a sneek peak.

http://www.fungusworks.com/TheShow/html/Exhaust.html

RM
Parent - - By kam (**) Date 09-05-2003 10:58
Good stuff Chevy!!!!!!
Not sure exactly what you are doing though. Are you building chairs or are you building exhaust systems? Looks like you are putting togather a system for your chevy (I seen the frame on your vehicle in one of the pics). Also what are you notching and why do you need to notch it? Not sure I understand the process.

Good job!!

later
kam
Parent - By CHEVYTOWN13 (**) Date 09-05-2003 22:38
Sup Kam.

I was too lazy to make up a new page sos I just switched this pic for one of the exhaust pics. The exhaust from the muffler on back was my first project. It was unreal. Striking an arc has been a blessing for me. Hope it works out in the end.

Using mandrel bends and straight tubing, I began building the chair I chose and figured it would be a medium test to build the first time out(I have 5 different designs). So far so good. I feel I'll keep building the small chairs made out of tomato wire...seems like the design process is easier for me. The present chair is just to the right of the notcher. I'm almost done. I'm already thinking about the second silla...

Take care hometown.

RM
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Home Grown Tube Notcher Stand