Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 6063 Al Anodized Tube
- - By calplus Date 10-08-2003 02:36
Any recommendations on new equipment that would be best for Tig welding of anodized 6063 aluminum for the marine tower business. The new technology in inverters (Miller Dynasty 300DX and even up to a Miller Aerowave) looks inviting but I have no experience with these machines. Weld cosmetics are of utmost importance as well as structural integrity. Can the increased cost of these machines be justified in ease and quality of welding this material over the old "standard" Goldstar etc.?

Cal
Parent - By pino (*) Date 10-08-2003 13:27
I went to a weld expo and the rection of the dynasty is awsome. I've used Lincolns and ESABs to weld aluminum and I feel the Dynasty is a far supperior machine.
Parent - By sparx (**) Date 10-08-2003 13:29
I have tried the Lincoln 205 and the Miller 200 DX. along with countless other welding machines. The ability to adjust the frequency and AC wave balance is a huge benefit to aluminum welding. These machines are a bit pricey if you are not going to use these features, but for what they can do, it is well worth the extra cost. I have been a Lincoln "fan" for a long time, but have to admit, the Miller outshines the Lincoln on this machine.
My two cents worth.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 6063 Al Anodized Tube