Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / CJP TKY Pre Qualified Status
- By - Date 08-25-2000 00:13
I am qualifying a FCAW welding procedure conforming to AWS D1.1 using the 6G-R position (fig. 4.27). the project specifications however require that I qualify this procedure by testing which I have done. Does the fact that we are testing this otherwise pre qualified procedure change its pre qualified status? with regards to AWS D1.1 paragraph 4.12.4.1 WPS's without a pre qualified status. this section states that in addition to qualifying in conformance with 4.27 (6G-R) A sample joint or tubular mock-up. the sample joint will provide at least one macroetch test section for 4 separate conditions. The job specifications do not address these additional tests, however my client wants me to include them because my procedure does not conform to D1.1. they are telling me that in order to satisfy D1.1 I must comply with these additional requirements. I can not believe that if I throw away the PQR from this test it will satisfy D1.1 but if I attach it I must now perform an additional test to comply with D1.1. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / CJP TKY Pre Qualified Status