Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tig Torch Hand Amperage Controls
- - By spinroyd Date 10-22-2003 03:29
I want to try a hand amperage control. I have a synrowave 250 and the pedal is not that easy to use out of postition. I have had to operate it with my left hand on ocasion. I have a weldcraft wp17 torch. Any recomendations?
Parent - By brande (***) Date 10-22-2003 05:24
CK worldwide has a hand control for your machine. Check out their website.

Good Luck

brande
Parent - By 49DegreesNorth (**) Date 10-22-2003 23:26

Search hand amptrol on this site. I got a CK slider, velcro-on. Works well once you get used to it.

Chris
Parent - By aircraft (**) Date 10-23-2003 01:19
if you get the Miller control make sure you get the north south model instead of the east west control. That east west control sucks.

I have used that CK rotary and I did like it.
Parent - By Jim Shoulders Date 10-25-2003 05:30
I use a CK 23 with a Hand Amptrol. It works great for certain applications and not so great for others. The problem is the movement of your hand when adjusting the amp's. The slight shake when adjusting the North/South control makes for a perceivable glitch in your weld. My nicest welds are still made with a foot control, no coffee, and elbows stationary and good lighting.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tig Torch Hand Amperage Controls