Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Does anybody have a higher end tig unit?
- - By - Date 10-24-2003 20:59
I'm talking about like a 350-400 amp tig with water cooled feature that has more features than a regular starter welder tig unit?....I am interested in them but don't have the current financial status for one just yet.

Precision Tig 375 for example or Dynasty 300,or an older syncrowave 300 or 500?
Parent - - By TiG6al-4v (*) Date 10-29-2003 01:29
I use an older syncrowave 350 with all the features. What would you like to know?
Parent - - By - Date 10-30-2003 04:56
have better control than most smaller units?,what type of different features?does it have pulse and hf? both?
Parent - By TiG6al-4v (*) Date 10-30-2003 23:01
Hi OXY,

Yes it's got every feature you could want for an older unit. We also have a couple syncrowave 250's with the water cooler attached to the bottom. They are about 5 years old.

The thing with the 350 is the noise it produces with that cooling fan always on. Annoying when trying to hear my radio. The newer syncrowaves, I believe they have a thermostat that only kicks the fan on when the transformers reach a certain temperature. Thus you barely notice it's even on.

But I do love my 350 because of the power. As far as control I think it has great control. I weld a wide range of materials and thicknesses.
It never gives me a hard time and its very dependable. I have to maintain critical weld tolerances.

I'd say the syncro 350 would probably suit your every need. I'm not to sure about pricing for, say a used one. Mine even has one of those wire feeders that you might use with a CK attachment. Never use it, but have the feature.

If I had my own home shop then I would be more than happy with the 250. Both the 250 and the 350 are fine machines.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Does anybody have a higher end tig unit?