Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Defective Oxy Regulator?
- - By skybolt_1 Date 11-07-2003 19:36
Hi there! I have been welding for about 3 months now but I have a major question... I got my regulators "on the cheap" and I think that I could possibly have a defective oxygen regulator. I have a very difficult time making fine adjustments to the oxygen supply. When I adjust the supply, I usually have to wait about 20 seconds for the valve to "settle in," because during that time the pressure seems to decrease slightly, causing an acetylene feather on the flame. Plus, the adjuster screw is really really sensive - the slightest touch can pop out my flame or bring back a huge feather.

Does this sound like a problem with my equipment or my technique? Any input would be appreciated.

skybolt_1
Parent - - By - Date 11-07-2003 23:08
what type of regulator is it?...it sounds like a problem with the diaphragm

Buddy
Parent - - By skybolt_1 Date 11-08-2003 00:36
It's an el-cheapo victor compatible. Made in china.

If it's a diaphram problem is there any fix?
Parent - By - Date 11-08-2003 04:02
china?....sure there is a fix.i personally never had a problem like that but try taking it to an authorized torch and regulator repair shop and let them take a look at it and test it for defect(s)!.....here:call victor and tell them your problem about it,even though it might not be their regulator ask for technical. number is 1-800-426-1888...i believe the guy at the technical is either sandy or sammy?,,,,dunno,try the number and just ask for technical

buddy mosmeyer
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Defective Oxy Regulator?