Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / SENSE Schools Using NCCER Curriculum
- - By - Date 08-30-2000 05:08
I'm teaching welding at Northland Pioneer College in Arizona and would like to find out if any other educational institutions are using the NCCER Wheels of Learning as their primary curriculum. They emulate the national certifications of AWS using the same cert titles such as, Level I Entry level welder, Level II Advanced Welder and Level III Expert welder. I realize that AWS initially endorsed the NCCER courses but in my research have found that many objectives required by AWS QC.10,11 and 12 are not included in the NCCER courses. Does anyone have a good grasp on the discrepancies and if so do you have a suggestion for curricula for these missing objectives?
Parent - By - Date 08-30-2000 13:41
There are several organizations that have developed or are developing text materials that align with the QC-10, -11, and -12. At this time AWS does not endorse any one organization, but I can give you some of the names. Hobart Institute, MAVCC, Lincoln-Electric ... just to name a few.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / SENSE Schools Using NCCER Curriculum