Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Test on Computer
- - By welder6g (**) Date 12-08-2003 14:10
Why is the CWI test not offered on Computer like many other professional exams??? It requires minor instructions and the grade is available afterwards.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-09-2003 01:14
Beats me but I sure would like to compile a database of the CWI test questions for online testing for training purposes. How bout it AWS. You supply me with Questions and I will make the website!

Gerald Austin
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-09-2003 16:32
Gerald

Fat chance your gonna get the AW$ to allow you help folk$ out with their te$t que$tion$ for free.

>snort<

Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 12-09-2003 11:53
Completing the "hands on test" practical part of the test may be sorta difficult online. The rest of the exam, seems to me could very well be done online with proctoring software that the colleges/universities use.
John Wright
Parent - - By vonash (**) Date 12-09-2003 22:59
It's not only an excellent idea, it is probably in the works as we type.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 12-10-2003 14:41
I've sent a message to Terry Perez, Director of Certification at AWS. I think it would be a win-win for AWS to start a computer based testing system. Naturally the hands-on portion would need to be proctored but that could be administered through the local sections which would provide them some additional income possibilities too.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI Test on Computer