Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Need RSW Spec for ASIA (Malaysia)
- - By G Mulee (*) Date 12-24-2003 15:02
I need a Resistance Spot Welding Specification that Malaysian fabricators may be familiar with (JIS?) equivalent to AWS C1.4
Parent - By chapple (*) Date 01-06-2004 16:34
gmulee

If you give me approx 1 week I'll be happy to supply you with
the appropriate specification.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 01-12-2004 19:18
Malaysia has been a British colony for a long time, so it's likely that they're more familiar with British standards than with Japanese (JIS) ones.
Try the following site:
www.twi.co.uk
twi is The Welding Institute of Great Britain.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By G Mulee (*) Date 01-13-2004 19:30
To Chapple & Cirisi
Thanks for your assistance. I will look into a British Spec. We have a plant there so someone from our Engineering there may be able to help out.

The need is to specify a resistance welding spec for small stainless steel parts to be projection spot welded together (hinge) in Malaysia and then assembled in the US.

Thanks
Parent - - By chapple (*) Date 01-13-2004 18:34
I agree with Mr. Crisi. British Standards are the ones they should be the most familiar with. Are you looking for a cover all type spec., or
a specification to cover a particular type structure? This info. would
help narrow down the search.

Scott
Parent - By G Mulee (*) Date 01-13-2004 19:30
To Chapple & Cirisi
Thanks for your assistance. I will look into a British Spec. We have a plant there so someone from our Engineering there may be able to help out.

The need is to specify a resistance welding spec for small stainless steel parts to be projection spot welded together (hinge) in Malaysia and then assembled in the US.

Thanks
Parent - By G Mulee (*) Date 01-13-2004 19:29
To Chapple & Cirisi

Thanks
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Need RSW Spec for ASIA (Malaysia)