Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Who's going to Chicago this year?
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-06-2004 07:30
I was just wondering who from this forum will be attending the AWS annual convention in Chicago this year?

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By chapple (*) Date 01-06-2004 11:06
I will be attending the show in Chicago. 2004 will be a very
good show with alot of exibitors, seminars, and an outstanding
professional program. One thing everyone on this forum should
look into is the Professional Welders Competition that will be held
at the show in Chicago. I would suggest preregistration.

Hope to see you in Chicago
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-06-2004 13:34
Hey Submariner!

I'll be there. My good friend and former supervisor Byron May will be presenting this years Plummer lecture!

Plus its now only a 90 minute drive to McCormac place so I may have a bus load of students with me too.

Burr 5 below this morning.

Love that Waterford woodburner!
Parent - By sparx (**) Date 01-06-2004 19:01
Only 5 below??????? up here in the great white north this morning it was -33C or -27.4 F......that was before the wind!!

now that's a bit chilly!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-08-2004 09:51
Hi Lawrence!
I used to reside in the Northside myself so once I get into town I hope my memory comes back in time to revisit all the great eating establishments in the "windy city"...

I've got a few friends that I plan on visiting also so, I'll be pretty busy once I arrive in Chi-town!

I do want to attend all of the education programs so, I'll make it a point to catch up with you at the Plummer lecture for sure!!!

Btw, have you had the opportunity to check out Ed Craig's website?
I ask this because this site: http://www.weldreality.com has a wealth of knowledge and info regarding GMAW/FCAW processes covering carbon, stainless steels and Aluminum including gas selection, process control, etc. I suggest this because you previously mentioned in one of your previous posts that refreshing yourself on these processes was a priority so, hey - if you've already visited the site then at least order one or more of his books or video's available for sale if you have'nt already and that goes for anyone else that wants to reeducate themselves on these processes!!!
Anywho, Hope to meet you and everyone else there!!!

Respectfully,

SSBN727 Run silent... Run Deep!!!

Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-08-2004 11:19

You betcha!

I even bought ol Ed's books and think them to be money well spent!
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 01-08-2004 12:42
I'm hoping to go. Does anyone know what page lists the fees etc for the show ?

Gerald
Parent - - By texarc (*) Date 01-11-2004 15:27
I will be on my way to the show this year! I dont like the thout of flying but I live so far away I dont have any outher option. I went ahead and regesterd for the welding compation yesterday. I had a little problem with the regestration on the website for the contest. had on problem getting signed up for the convintion, but I wasent able to pay my entry fee for the compation while I was regestering. I was still alowed to fill out my compation profile so I think I got signed up ok, I will call them tomarrow and see about the entry fee. Im pretty sure they want the entry fee at time of regestration. This is my first post on this forum and glad to be here. I expect to gain alot of knowleg from the welding pros. that post in this forum. And it will be cool to talk to all of yall over the next few months and then meat in person at the expo, and compation. Texarc
Parent - - By boilermaker (**) Date 01-11-2004 16:41
I registered yesterday for the expo and the competition...I guess I have it good since I'm only 35 mi. from McCormak Place. The welding competition should be an excellent event. I hope everyone does well, but there can only be one winner. (won't be me!)
Parent - By texarc (*) Date 01-11-2004 17:09
IM sure there will be a hell of a lot of good welders there but im sure we all have a shot at the prise. My battle plan is to get my consistency down, do a certin kind of weld long enough and its as easy as falling of a log texarc
Parent - By chapple (*) Date 01-11-2004 18:28
texarc and boilermaker
Good luck during the professional welders competition.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Who's going to Chicago this year?