Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Industry leader for welding robots
- - By grayseal (*) Date 01-08-2004 15:27
We will soon be replacing two of our GMAW robots. Who is the domestic industry leader for robots? Our application is low carbon steel sheet metal.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 01-08-2004 18:14

Here is an excellent link, full of valuable information on process control and weld data specific to robotics. It will be a big help when talking to equipment vendors

http://weldreality.com/ROBOTmanagement1.htm
Parent - By sparx (**) Date 01-12-2004 14:20
I don't have a lot of experience in robotics but have been subjected to some information recently. Panasonic Factory Automation is (I believe) the only company that supplies the robot and the welding power source together....other companies that use (for example: Fanuc and Lincoln/or Miller) seperate suppliers usually have problems when it comes to repair time.....Not to say that the equipment is not "good" but if there is a problem, the robot manufacturer will blame the power source manufacturer and vice/versa. with Panasonic, it is only one phone call.

just my 2 cents worth.....
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Industry leader for welding robots