Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding Supplies - Plate
- By bash-on Date 01-15-2004 21:18
Looking for a new trade-out partner for our welding program. I teach welding at a small college in Wyoming. Our plate needs have been met through the use of a trade-out agreement with Geneva Steel in Salt Lake City. Geneva has gone belly-up and so I am searching for a new entity that would be willing to trade scrap steel with us.

The way it has worked in the past, we would send all of our Tee joints, pipe and other scrap steel to Geneva. They in turn would send us usable scrap in return. (Usually the drop from rolled vessels. Plate steel 1/4" to 3/4"). We paid all shipping expenses so it was no cost to them. It was simply a courtesy on their part.

As they are no longer in business, I am searching for a new partner. If you know of anyone within 500 miles Rock Springs, Wyoming, (southwest corner of the state), who might be inclined to help us, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Bash-on
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding Supplies - Plate