Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need help with a torch.....Prestoweld
- - By wnc (*) Date 01-16-2004 02:06
I'm trying to get my little torch outfit together piece by piece and a friend passed on a torch to me today, but I'm not sure if parts are still available for it. It's a Prestoweld brand and has the cutting attachment on it, but no tip. Looks like one of the valve adjustments on it could use some work too. Anyone know anything about the Prestoweld brand and if parts are available anywhere? It's a freebie so I thought I'd at least try to get it up to par again if possible.
Thanks
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 01-16-2004 06:29
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/1997/09/29/daily10.html refers to a news story where prestolite welding division was bought by thermodyne. I believe prestolite was in the acetylene business since cars had acetylene headlights. Prestolite welding gets a few hits on Google. Good luck.
Bill
Parent - - By brande (***) Date 01-17-2004 06:20
Prestoweld stuff is still around. It was an additional brand from Linde.
I don't know what type of tips you need, but the old ones used 4202 series tips for cutting and the 06L series for welding and brazing.
Should be available from any good welding distributor or Linde/ESAB distributor.
Generic tips are available from National Torch Tip, Pittsburgh or Goss.

Good Luck

brande
Parent - By wnc (*) Date 01-17-2004 21:30
Now that I know what they're called, maybe I can get some parts.

Thanks for the information:-)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Need help with a torch.....Prestoweld