Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI people in PA
- - By fbrieden (***) Date 01-25-2004 02:45
How many CWI people are there in NE PA
Parent - By brande (***) Date 01-25-2004 06:12
I'm a CWI, and live in the northern Pittsburgh, Pa area.

Good Luck

brande
Parent - By ziggy (**) Date 02-04-2004 17:51
I am a CWI originally from Emporium, PA. Living in central NY now. The winters are much milder in PA! Go Penn State!
Parent - - By eastcoastCWI Date 02-09-2004 18:52
I am a CWI in PA and I am looking for a good paying job on the east coast. Any leads?
Super Steel NY/WI only pay $16 an hour for experienced CWI's.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-09-2004 19:10
Have you tried the "Job Seekers" on the AWS site? I posted my stuff, but haven't heard anything yet. Only thing, I wish they had counters on the accounts so you could at least check in and see if anyone is looking at it.
Best of Luck,
John Wright
Parent - - By bmaas1 (***) Date 02-09-2004 19:30
I believe it has a counter on it to tell you how many times you resume has been viewed. I know mine has been viewed but i don't think i've ever got a response.

Brian J. Maas
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-09-2004 20:07
Hi Brian,
How do you set up or view the counter? I looked around and tried to figure it out.
John Wright
Parent - - By bmaas1 (***) Date 02-09-2004 22:56
If you go in and edit your resume and then hit update or change or whaterver it is I can't remember offhand, at the top of the resume area there will be something called viewed # of times. It's under edit my account, look at your resume then hit update.

Brian J. Maas
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-10-2004 01:46
Hi Brian,
I found it! It was right there glaring at me the whole time. Zero views, that's what I was afraid of.
John Wright
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-10-2004 02:16
You think thats BAD. Mine on my website has been viewed 3000 times. I've received two jobs (Contract Inspection Short term less than 80 hours) and no other offers or inquiries other than someone on this board.

I think the internet is a better tool for learning things to make you better at a job than it is a tool to get a job.

G Austin
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-10-2004 02:33
Hi Gerald,
I think you are right. I don't forsee getting into a position in the near future from using any of those resume' postings on the web, but hey, I gave it shot. I'm looking here in town first anyway, I don't really want to move unless the right job comes along. I just put my baby in preschool and she is having a ball. My oldest (boy) is doing great also, I'd hate to mess with something that is working great for them. My wife is making more money than I am and loves her job, so I can't mess with that situation either.
Take care,
John Wright
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 02-10-2004 02:59
I have gotten a little spoiled here in Iuka. A dry county, quiet, right next to the lake, a yardful of dogs, a goat, chickens and rabbits. Kids can play in the yard and I don't have to watch for cars or crackheads. I got it made!

Have a good one

G A
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 02-10-2004 16:41
John,

Maybe I'm missing something but check out the employer section on the JobFind page. It seems that an employer must register, pay certain fees, and post a job listing BEFORE being able to review resumes. In the job seeker section there is a listing of "all jobs" which shows 12 postings. Am I correct in assuming that those 12 employers and any others that have posted jobs in the past are the only ones that have access to the resumes?
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 02-10-2004 16:59
3rd I,
Yep, that's the way I read it. Employers must pay $'s (amount depends on length of time or services needed) to post a job opening or review resume's. I guess someone looking to hire and simply wants to check with AWS to see who all is out there looking or is available has to pay additional fees over and above being an AWS fabricator.
No surprise that I have zero hits on my resume'.
John Wright
Parent - By bmaas1 (***) Date 02-10-2004 17:12
It's pay per view at its best. I don't think they have to post a job opening to view resumes just pay the $$$$.

Brian J. Maas
Parent - - By eastcoastCWI Date 02-12-2004 20:09
I have my resume on the site. No, I haven't heard anything yet either but have had my resume looked at. It gets very frustrating.
Parent - By brande (***) Date 03-13-2004 07:39
Used the AWS Job search for over a year.

Responded to anything and everything that I was even remotely qualified.

Results-only two-one too far away, one with lo pay.

I heard this service is expensive for employers to use. I don't know.

Good Luck
brande

Parent - By weldeng13 (*) Date 04-14-2004 21:23
Send me your resume, we employ CWIs all over the country.

Peter

peter.kinney@uslaboratories.com
Parent - By ladycwi (*) Date 04-22-2004 15:27
I am a CWI in Hanover,Pa. Originally from Easton,Pa. Lots of Luck
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI people in PA