Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / wiring ln-7 to miller big 50
- - By jetpilot Date 01-25-2004 17:27
i just bought a ln-7 that i plan to use for flux core welding in the field. i want to wire this machine to my big 50. i have the control cable from lincoln that plugs into the ln-7 6 pin then goes to a 14 pin on the other end to go into your welder. i want the feeder to use the contactor so that i have cold electrode until i pull the trigger. my question is has anyone wired this feeder to a miller welder? if so, did you have to change the wiring?
Parent - By TRC (***) Date 01-25-2004 19:10
Hey JP, I have a LN7 that is wired for a Miller 14 pin. It soungs like your cord is ready to go if it has a 14 pin on one end and a six on the other???. BUT here's how I had to hook mine up.
On the Miller side take letter J and hook it to letter A on the Lincoln side.
Miller letter I to lincoln B-C, B&C need to be bridged together.
Miller letter G to Lincoln D
Miller K to Lincoln E
Leave any other wires alone.
You'll find the Miller letters inside the 14 pin plug along side the holes or pins. If there is any questions as to which wire is which letter on the Miller there is a panel inside the Big 50 that you can trace to and the letters are clearly marked.
The unit that I have is at least eight years old so I can't swear that this is what your machine needs as well.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / wiring ln-7 to miller big 50