Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Welding Instructor Course
- - By M Baker (**) Date 01-26-2004 15:56
[deleted]
Parent - - By carlos hernandez Date 02-11-2009 20:11
Looking for a welding expert that can explain in what kind of condition you need to be in. And if you have a sprain knee how much welding can you do. We have a case where a welder got hurt so this is for a law office. so need some one that has been in front of a judge and testify or have been in volved in depos.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-13-2009 01:59 Edited 02-13-2009 02:01
Excuse me for being so callous but, a sprained knee?

Just speaking for myself here so let's see if this makes sense...

I'm currently a Liver Transplant, and Cancer survivor of close to twelve & who knows how many years it is now respectively... I also have moderate to severe Osteoarthritis in ALL of my joints which I believe is far more painful than a sprained knee because after all my pain doesn't eventually go way!!! I need to medicate myself intermittently at times in order to tolerate the many levels of pain I must accept & cope with on a daily basis separate from my osteoarthritis, or the osteonecrosis which is slowly eating away my right hip joint...

By the way, did I forget to mention that I'm currently teaching Welding Technology delivering the AWS advanced level II & III based curriculums on a full time basis?

Well if I can do this then, I believe a sprained knee doesn't rise to the level of an injury that certainly asks alot of the recipient of the above said injury when compared to my current state of physical health or my past experience where even then going through most of those above mentioned illnesses, I still managed to at least work on a part time basis that is - unless there just was no possible way that I could muster up both the physical or mental will to work!!!

I do not mean to be rude here Carlos but. I believe this individual has at the very best case scenario, A very shaky case if he or she even has one at all but then again, I'm not a lawyer nor am I trying to sound like one...

I just cannot see the severity of the injury being close to what would be classified as an injury that would inhibit someone in otherwise good health from at the very least even performing light duty. Sorry for the rant! ;) ;) :)

Respectfully,
Henry

Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Welding Instructor Course