Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Stainless steel info for anyone
- - By Dagwood (*) Date 01-26-2004 20:25
Just as a matter of interest, the "Nickel Development Institute" provides free information on any Nickel containing alloy. The website is www.nidi.org and you can order a lot of free information books as well. All you do is ask for them, and they send them out right away. They also have phone numbers and contact information for engineers that specialize in nickel alloys. If you needed an alloy for a specific process, you can give them the variables and they will suggest alloys for your application. I have used them a few times, they are a really valuable contact. They are based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Try them out.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-26-2004 20:48
Dagwood,
Thanks for posting,
John Wright
Parent - By Dagwood (*) Date 02-13-2004 20:26
NiDi also has a free publication available to anyone. Lots of interesting uses with nickel and nickel alloys. From stainless steels to batteries.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 01-27-2004 16:00
Great, Dagwood!! I'll try it right now.
By the way, how's Blondie? My regards to Mr. Dithers.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By Dagwood (*) Date 01-28-2004 20:28
My wife who has short blonde hair is doing well. :) I haven't tried calling her "blondie" though! :)
I got the nickname because of the super sized sandwiches I used to bring to work!
What did you think of the site?
Darren/Dagwood.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Stainless steel info for anyone