Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / WELDING EQUIPMENT FOR ZONE II AREA
- - By prakashv58 (*) Date 01-28-2004 07:01
Could you please provide me certain information for the ARC welding in Zone II area:
- Availability of STICK and TIG welding machines, rated for an output of 300 - 400A at 60% duty and 400/ 460V - 50/60Hz input, certified for Zone II areas?
- Safety procedure for the welding?

Regards

Prakash
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 01-28-2004 22:09
Prakash,
If I recall correctly, you asked this question before. Maybe you should explain what it is you are actually trying to find out?

Speaking for myself, I do not know what you mean by "ARC welding in Zone II area". Does that correspond to a particular welding code?

Availability of welding machines is a bit easier. I suggest logging on to the various welding equipment manufacturer's web sites and look over their products. Their machine specification are usually listed and you can contact them directly for more specific information.

"Safety procedure in welding" can be handled in many ways. AWS publishes standard Z49.1:1999, titled "Safety in Welding, Cutting, and Allied Processes". There is good information there. Also the welding equipment manufacturers that I referred to above usually publish booklets on safe use of their products and all products in general. Many are free on request. Internet search engines will also give you some sources of information.

My reply is not "certain information" but maybe it will point you in the right direction.

Chet Guilford

Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / WELDING EQUIPMENT FOR ZONE II AREA